Friday, May 7, 2010

Kitchen solutions

I've decided remodeling the kitchen can be done for a reasonable amount of money. So now I feel free to choose items and start making a budget. We're going to keep most of the existing cabinets, except for the ones under the sink that are just too awful. We'll get all new appliances (including a dishwasher!), a new sink, and new flooring. Here's how it looks so far:

Both sinks and the faucet are from Ikea. I keep considering a farmhouse sink, but I'm starting to think it doesn't quite fit in our kitchen. Also, we'd have to cut out part of the cabinets to have one, and that sounds too complicated to me.


I am morally opposed to stainless steal appliances. They are just so overused. I'm leaning toward black appliances right now. The stove is Hotpoint. This is not a brand I knew anything about, but Consumer Reports gave it a really good review. It's cheap and kind of retro looking, so I think it'll make me happier than any Viking stove that would cost 5 or 10 times more. As for the dishwasher, any one in the world would make me happy, but I like the look and price of this Frigidaire.

I haven't settled on a fridge yet. I don't really know what to pick. Actually, nothing is settled, but we're closer than before to making some actual choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment